Online Finance Academy – Yield Curve / Spread Trading Strategies
Product Delivery – You will receive Content Access Via Email.
Email – [email protected]
Spread trading involves making a wager on the change in price between two similar futures or options contracts, rather than betting on outright price direction. This style of trading tends to have far more reliable patterns of ebb and flow and requires far less margin. This means traders should find it easier to follow a risk management strategy, and trade larger with less risk.
This course will focus on futures in the US treasury market, which is the most active bond market in the world. What you learn in this course can be applied to other markets as well, including: European, British, Canadian and Japanese treasury markets, as well as grain futures and stock index futures. You will learn specific strategies for trading intra-market spreads as well as the macro-fundamental knowledge required to make well-reasoned trading decisions. A knowledge of reading charts or using technical indicators is unnecessary. Instead, you will learn how to read a spread matrix, execute a trade on a popular platform and understand why and when to exit a trade.
Taught by a career spreader with over 40 years in the business as a trader and trainer, this course will give you a solid foundation to building your career as a trader.
Key ‘takeaways’ and topics to be covered in this course:
- Learn how to spread directly from one of the most experienced traders in the business.
- Acquire a solid understanding of the macro-economic factors that affect treasury markets
- Learn a variety of spread strategies and develop a style of spreading that suits you.
- Understand how changes in the yield curve influence global capital markets
- Learn the mechanics of placing spread trades and managing a position.
- What is the yield curve?
- Learn the various shapes of the yield curve and what they indicate.
- What are the factors that make the curve flatten or steepen?
- How long do these trends of flattening / steepening typical last?
Module 2. Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- What is monetary and fiscal policy?
- Learn the impact of monetary and fiscal policy on the yield curve.
- Learn about Central Banks and their influence on the curve.
- Learn how to use Central Bank guidance to shape your trading strategies.
- Learn how treasury markets respond to inflation and deflation.
- Which economic indicators will influence the yield curve and make certain contracts move the most.
Module 3. Auctions and Other Factors That Impact Supply/Demand
- We will discuss the mechanics of treasury auctions and refunding; how examine and understand the results.
- Learn how the Federal Reserve can impact supply and demand.
- Learn the impact of non-U.S. central banks, financial institutions, and investors on treasuries.
Module 4. Market Expectations and How They Move Markets
- Learn how market expectations influence market responses.
- Using variance and standard deviation to gauge impact of economic releases on treasury market spreads?
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical market responses.
Module 5. Geopolitics
- Learn how political decisions by sovereign nations impact the yield curve.
- Flight to quality (risk off) can be triggered by a variety of factors (i.e. fiscal and monetary policies).
- Learn how geopolitics can lead to risk-on and risk-off reactions in the marketplace.
- What spread strategies should we implement in risk on / risk off scenarios?
Module 6. Calendar Spreads
- How does quarterly rollover in treasuries create profit opportunity?
- Learn how to calculate the value of calendar spreads.
- Learn about the use of ratios with calendar spreads.
- We will discuss trade execution for calendar spreads.
Module 7. Trade Execution / Wrap-up
- Watch and learn how your instructor places and executes trades on the trading platform.
- Learn the rationale behind long term and short term trading strategies.
- We will examine your practice trades and suggest a trading plan that best suits you.
Sale Page: https://www.onlinefinanceacademy.com/yield-curvespread-trading-strategies.html
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from imcourse.net.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!