Sale Page: http://thehypnostore.com/downloads/948/
I remember the first hour of the first day of the Contextual Hypnotherapy class. At the first break the students were absolutely livid! I had just dismissed virtually every approach they had mastered in doing hypnotherapy, from regression to parts therapy.
They were genuinely angry.
By the end of the 40 hour course, they gave the course rave reviews, many of them claiming it transformed everything they had ever thought about helping both themselves and others. They learned new skills, techniques not taught in other courses and mastered an evidenced based approach to change.
This course is practical, controversial and will take your techniques to a whole new level.
This course is an in depth presentation of the current research on outcome based psychotherepeutic theory and technique. It is important that hypnotists use methods of intervention with demonstrated validity and focus on integrating current research and methodologies of change into hypnotic processes. This course will introduce the psychological theory and methods of evidence based treatment protocols to improve intervention outcome and response.
This course will focus on developing a core understanding of contextual psychology and its integration into a systemic process of hypnotherapy.
One of the other highlights was a real life session I conducted for the class, with a real client. He turned out to be the most difficult client I have ever worked with, and the session did not go as planned. It was a disaster.
I decided not to edit the course, and leave the complete two session demonstration in the course so you could see exactly how to handle a difficult client and a less than successful hypnosis session. These sessions will happen – and unlike other classes that edit out the bad stuff – you can learn from my mistakes. Of course, you will also see demonstrations of “perfect” sessions.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
At the conclusion of this course, the professional hypnotist will be able to:
- Create hypnotic inductions that move beyond simply “creating a state of hypnosis” to creating inductions that are in an of themselves part of the therapeutic process.
- Verbalize an understanding of current psychological theory related to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), ACT Therapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other modalities of therapy with demonstrated efficacy in clinical studies.
- Create hypnotic methods of utilizing the core concepts of contextual psychology and integrate them into hypnotherapy.
- Demonstrate techniques of suggestive therapy that are based on evidenced based treatment protocols.
- Utilize core components of contextual psychology and evidence based treatment protocals during interventions and in script writing.
- Measure effectiveness of hypnotherapy interventions with individual clients that are served.
Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy; by Steven C. Hayes (to be purchased seperately)
Mindfulness and Hypnosis: The Power of Suggestion to Transform Experience; by Michael D. Yapko (to be purchased seperately)
Each week will have a unique portfolio of video lectures. You will be provided with links to access each weeks lectures. Live class discussions will focus on clarification of the week’s reading and lecture material so pace your lecture viewing appropriately.
CLASS LECTURE TOPICS
- Introduction to Contextual Hypnotherapy
- Key Concepts in Outcome Based Treatment
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Jay Haley and the Strategic Model of Therapy
- Brief Cognitive Hypnotherapy
ONLINE CLASS DISCUSSIONS
Class will meet for one hour in the “HPTI webconferencing room” via internet once each week. Mondays at 7:00pm PDT.
*** If less than 5 students enroll in the course it will automatically revert to an independent study course and there will be no live online class discussions. All questions about reading and lecture material, as well as assignments and tests, will be addressed via class discussion forum, email, or other communication methods as determined by class instructor***
There will be a quizzes, projects, and a comprehensive exam at the completion of the course and participants that complete the these with a passing grade will be awarded a certificate of competence in the area of study.